Position: Accounts cum Admin Assistant
Primary role is to support both Finance and Admin activities. This includes supporting the Finance Supervisor in handling the Church’s accounts, and the Church Administrator in operational administrative work.
Job Scope & Requirements
- To provide support to the Finance Department.
- To perform basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, maintain records, & etc..
- To handle communications with various stakeholders in relation to outstanding debtors
- To manage weekly collections and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- To posts receipts & payments in the Accounting system & issue online payments, petty cash and update ledgers, and maintain a full-set of accounts.
- To prepare monthly closing Accounts including Debtors Aging report & Bank Reconciliation & other Ad-Hoc reports when necessary.
- To assist with Financial Audit (external). revert to Auditor’s queries, fast checks and resolve discrepancies.
- To prepare weekly collection summary for the Finance Supervisor to check.
- To support Church’s general operational/administration work (including ad-hoc tasks).
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Church Administrator.
- To support preparation of Sunday service bulletin and notes.
Requirements and skills
- Certificate/Diploma or Degree in Accounting (e.g. LCCI) /Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in the related field is required
- Able to handle Church Office’s general administrative work
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles is compulsory.
- Exhibits professional mannerism at the workplace.
- Committed to working efficiently and working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Able to start immediately will be an added advantage.
You may email your resume to email@example.com